1- Overview and definitions:
Taskito is an online marketplace that enables buyers of professional services (“Employers”) to search for, enter into and manage transactions with professional services (“Freelancers” ).The website contains features that enable freelancers and Employee to do , among other things, the following:
Employers: Create profiles, post projects, search for Freelancers, communicate with Freelancers, negotiate with Freelancers, award projects to Freelancers, manage projects, leave feedback for Freelancers, and pay Freelancers.
Freelancers: Create profiles, advertise capabilities, submit quotes, negotiate with Employers, obtain project awards, invoice, obtain feedback from Employers, and receive payment from Employers.
A- Eligibility. To access our Services through our Website, you must be a legal entity, or an individual of eighteen (18) years of age or older who can form legally binding contracts. To become a Registered User, you must accept all of the terms and conditions in, incorporated by reference in, and linked to, these Terms of Service. By becoming a Registered User, you agree to: (1) abide by the Terms of Service and the processes, procedures, and guidelines described throughout the Website; (2) be financially responsible for your use of the Website and the purchase or delivery of services; and (3) perform your obligations as specified by any Project Agreement that you accept, unless such obligations are prohibited by law or by the Terms of Service. Taskito reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse, suspend, or terminate Services to anyone.
B- Registration. To become a Registered User and to access Services you must register for an Account. You agree to provide true, accurate and complete information as prompted by the registration form and all forms you access on the Website, and to update this information to maintain its truthfulness, accuracy and completeness.
C- Accounts and Profiles. Once you have registered with the Website as a Registered User, the Website will create your Account with Taskitoo.com and associate it with an account number. You may create a profile under your Account, in accordance with Section 2(D).
D- Username and Password. During registration, you will be asked to choose a username and password for the Account. As a Registered User, you agree and you are entirely responsible to safeguard and maintain the confidentiality of the username and password you use to access this Website. You authorize Taskitoo.com to assume that any person using the Website with your username and password is you or is authorized to act for you. You agree to notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of the Account.
E- Membership. Taskito provides Registered Users several different membership options. The availability of these membership options is dependent upon (i) the Registered User’s status as an Employer or a Freelancer (ii) the selections made during registration, (iii) any subsequent upgrades or downgrades of membership options after registration.Each membership option includes a certain number of “bids.” As described on the Website, a Freelancer uses bids to submit quotes for projects. If a Freelancer requires additional bids in a given month, the Freelancer has the option to buy additional bids. We reserve the right to change membership fees, the monthly number of bids included in the membership options or the price of bids or institute new fees at any time, at the sole discretion of Taskitoo.com and upon reasonable notice posted in advance on the Website. No refunds of membership fees, bids or skill tests already paid will be given. If we exercise our right to cancel a membership as provided under these Terms of Service, at any time, we will not refund the membership fee already paid.
- Employer and Freelancer.
- Project Agreement.The engagement, contracting and management of a project are between an Employer and a Freelancer. Upon acceptance of a quote, the Employer agrees to purchase, and the Freelancer agrees to deliver, the services and related deliverables in accordance with the following agreements: (a) the agreement between Employer and Freelancer including the Project Bid, Project Description, and other terms and conditions as communicated between Employer and Freelancer on the Website or otherwise, (b) these Terms of Service, and (c) any other content uploaded to the Website by Taskitoo.com (collectively, the “Project Agreement”). You agree not to enter into any contractual provisions in conflict with these Terms of Service. Any provision of a Project Agreement in conflict with these Terms of Service is void. Employer is responsible for managing, inspecting, accepting and paying for satisfactory services and deliverables in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Freelancer is responsible for the performance and quality of the services in accordance with the Project Agreement in a timely manner. Employer and Freelancer each covenants and agrees to act with good faith and fair dealing in performance of the Project Agreement.
- Independence.Employer and Freelancer each acknowledges and agrees that their relationship is that of independent contractors. The Freelancer shall perform services as an independent contractor and nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture, agency, or employer-employee relationship between Freelancer and Employer or between Taskitoo.com and any Employer or Freelancer.
- Registered Users and Taskitoo.com
- General.Taskito is not a party to the dealing, contracting and fulfillment of any Project between an Employer and a Freelancer. Taskitoo.com has no control over and does not guarantee the quality, safety or legality of any services performed or deliverables created, advertised, the truth or accuracy of project listings, the qualifications, background, or abilities of Registered Users, the ability of Freelancers to perform services, the ability of Employers to pay for services, or that an Employer or Freelancer can or will actually complete a Project. Taskitoo.com is not responsible for and will not control the manner in which a Freelancer operates and is not involved in the hiring, firing, discipline or working conditions of the Freelancer. All rights and obligations for the purchase and sale of services or other deliverables are solely between an Employer and a Freelancer. Taskitoo.com will not provide any Freelancer with any materials or tools to complete any Project. Employers and Freelancers must look solely to the other for enforcement and performance of all the rights and obligations arising from Project Agreements and any other terms, conditions, representations, or warranties associated with such dealings.
- Third-Party Beneficiary of Project Agreement.Employer and Freelancer each acknowledges and agrees that the value, reputation, and goodwill of the Website depend on their performance of their covenants and agreements as set forth in their Project Agreement. Employer and Freelancer therefore appoint Taskitoo.com as a third-party beneficiary of their Project Agreement for purposes of enforcing the obligations owed to, and the benefits conferred on, Taskitoo.com by these Terms of Service. Employers and Freelancers further agree that Taskitoo.com has the right to take such actions with respect to the Project Agreement or their Accounts, including without limitation, suspension, termination, or any other legal actions, as Taskitoo.com in its sole discretion deems necessary to protect the value, reputation, and goodwill of the Website.
- Agency.These Terms of Service and any registration for or subsequent use of this Website by any user or Registered User will not be construed as creating or implying any relationship of agency, franchise, partnership or joint venture between you and Taskitoo.com, except and solely to the extent expressly stated.
- Taxes.Registered Users are responsible for payment and reporting of any taxes. Other than in connection with the 1099 Service, Taskitoo.com is not obligated to determine the applicability of any taxes or to remit, collect or report any such applicable taxes, unless otherwise agreed to by both parties pursuant to the terms of any provision of tax services provided to you by Taskitoo.com. You agree that you will abide by any and all applicable state and federal tax statutes, regulations and common law. In the event Taskitoo.com receives a notice of non-compliance with any such statute, regulation or common law, including, without limitation, an Internal Revenue Service Levy, Taskitoo.com will deem such receipt a breach of this section and will suspend your Account until Taskitoo.com received an Internal Revenue Service Release.
4- Taskitoo.com Fees
- Membership Fee. Freelancers and Employers can create their profile for free.
- Services Fees.Taskitoo.com deducts one or more of the following fees, as applicable, from payments made by Employers to Freelancers using the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services:
- Project Fee.Taskitoo.com charges all Freelancers a Project Fee. The fee is 10% of the whole project budget and is deducted from the total amount paid by an Employer for a Project.
- Employer Payment Handling Fee. When an Employer pays a Freelancer, a Payment Handling Fee (2.5%) will be added to the invoice total.
- Freelancer Transfer Method Fee.If, upon a Freelancer’s request, funds are to be disbursed via PayPal.Transfers made through use of automated clearinghouse, PayPal methods will incur no such fee.
5- Taskitoo.com and Payment Services
- Taskitoo.com Invoice Service. The Taskitoo.com Invoice Service enables Freelancers to issue invoices and enables Employers to make payments for services.
Invoice Disputes. If an Employer reasonably disputes any Invoice, the Employer will pay all undisputed amounts within the time frames specified above and the parties will cooperate to verify any disputed amounts. Any Invoice amounts reasonably disputed by an Employer will not be payable to a Freelancer until such dispute is resolved. Taskitoo.com obligation to pay any Payment (less applicable Service Charge) is expressly conditioned upon: (a) Taskitoo.com receipt of Payment from the applicable Employer and (b) resolution of all outstanding disputes with respect to such Invoice and/or Payment.
- SafePay Service. The SafePay Service enables Employers to transfer certain payment responsibilities to Taskitoo.com.
- General.At an Employer’s request, upon payment to Taskitoo.com by Employer for services to be rendered by a Freelancer, Taskitoo.com will assume responsibility for the payment for such Freelancer’s services (less applicable Service Charge). Taskitoo.com agrees not to pay Freelancers for services until after the occurrence of an Employer’s Acceptance of Services. You acknowledge that such funds will belong to Taskitoo.com immediately upon such funds being transferred to Taskitoo.com by you. However, Taskitoo.com agrees to refund such funds to Employer in the event that (y) a Freelancer acknowledges that services have not been completed or (z) Employer and Freelancer have concluded the process comprising the Dispute Resolution Service with a result indicating that Employer is the rightful recipient of such funds. Taskitoo.com agrees to keep both Employer and Freelancer informed as to the status of the Assumed Payment Liability and if, for any reason, a party requests Dispute Resolution Service regarding such status, will notify both parties that the matter will be addressed through the Dispute Resolution Service.
- SafePay Disputes.If an Employer or Freelancer reasonably disputes the quality or completion of services provided by such Freelancer, then both Employer and Freelancer agree that Taskitoo.com shall have no payment obligations to any party related to relevant fees until such dispute is resolved in accordance with Section 6 below. Taskitoo.com obligation to pay any Payment (less applicable Service Charge) is expressly conditioned upon resolution of all outstanding disputes with respect to such Payment.
- Funds Transfer.
- General.To receive funds due to you, you must request such funds and indicate your selection of the funds transfer methods available on the Website. Any such requests shall be subject to the conditions and restrictions contained on the Website and in these Terms of Service. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms of Service, if Taskitoo.com determines in its sole discretion that a Registered User has violated the conditions and restrictions of the Website or Terms of Service, Taskitoo.com has the right to refuse to process such request.
- Hold on Transfers.Taskitoo.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to place a hold on requested transfers if Taskitoo.com suspects monies may be subject to charge back, bank reversal, failure to clear or fraud. Taskitoo.com will release a hold as soon as practical.
- Legal Relationship.
- Taskitoo.com is not your agent with respect to any funds that have been transferred to Taskitoo.com for any Assumed Payment Liabilities.
2. Each Freelancer must properly discharge and credit Employers for all payments that Taskitoo.com makes to such Freelancer in respect of services provided to such Employers.
3. Taskitoo.com acts as a payment provider by creating, hosting, maintaining, and providing the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services to you via the Internet. Taskitoo.com does not have any control over the services invoiced or paid for with the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services. Additionally, Taskitoo.com does not control whether an Employer or Freelancer will actually complete the underlying transaction. Taskitoo.com is not responsible in any way for the timeliness or accuracy of the invoices or the timeliness, accuracy, completion or workmanship of any work product produced by a Freelancer as a result of an awarded Project. Nothing in these Terms of Service will be deemed to constitute Taskitoo.com as your agent with respect to any service purchased and sold by Registered Users through the Website, or expand or modify any warranty, liability or indemnity stated in these Terms of Service.
4. By using the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services, you expressly acknowledge that (a) Taskitoo.com is not acting as a trustee or a fiduciary of Employers or Freelancers and that the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services are provided to Registered Users administratively; (b) Taskitoo.com is not a “financial institution” as defined under the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services are payment services rather than a banking services; (c) Taskitoo.COM IS NOT A BANK AND ANY PAYMENTS TRANSFERRED THROUGH TASKITOO.COM ARE NOT INSURED DEPOSITS AND ARE SUBJECT TO DEFAULT, LOSS OR FORFEITURE.
- Miscellaneous Payment Terms.
- Authorized Payments are Final.Your use of the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services constitutes your agreement to pay for any amounts which you authorize us to retain from transactions and, as appropriate, charge to your credit card, bank account, or PayPal account. Such payments, once authorized, are final. When an Employer’s Acceptance of Services has occurred, (i) Taskitoo.com shall have no further liability to any party with respect to Payment for such services, (ii) Employer acknowledges that Taskitoo.com has provided a complete service in respect of the payment made by Employer for the Assumed Payment Liability or Invoice, as applicable and (iii) Employer hereby releases Taskitoo.com from any and all liability with respect to such Payment.
- Fraudulent Transactions; Erroneous or Duplicate Transactions; Charge Backs.Taskitoo.com reserves the right to seek reimbursement from you, and you will reimburse Taskitoo.com, if Taskitoo.com discovers a fraudulent transaction, erroneous or duplicate transaction, or if Taskitoo.com receives a charge back or reversal from any Employer’s credit card company, bank, or PayPal for any reason. You agree to and acknowledge Taskitoo.com’s right to investigate any and all transactions for fraud. Further, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests made by Taskitoo.com in an effort to investigate fraud. You agree that Taskitoo.com has the right to obtain such reimbursement by charging your Account, deducting amounts from future transfers, charging your credit card or any bank account associated with your Account, or obtaining reimbursement from you by any other lawful means, including using a third party collection agency. Failure to pay for reimbursements of a charge back or a reversal of payment is cause for termination of your Account.
- Currency.The Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services operate in US Dollars and therefore Taskitoo.com is not responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when billing or crediting a credit or debit card denominated in a currency other than US Dollars, nor is Taskitoo.com responsible for currency fluctuations that occur when receiving or sending payment via PayPal to and from your bank account, credit card account or PayPal account.
- Exclusivity and Non-Circumvention.Employers agree to use the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services to make all payments to Freelancers, whether first-time, repeat, or follow-on. You also agree not to take any action directly or indirectly to circumvent the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services or any associated fees. As a Freelancer, you agree to use Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services to receive all payments from Employers identified through the Website, whether first-time, repeat, or follow-on. Additionally, you agree not to circumvent the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services or any associated fees.
- Notification.As an Employer, you agree to notify Taskitoo.com immediately if your Freelancer solicits payment from you outside the Website. As a Freelancer, you agree to notify Taskitoo.com immediately if your Employer seeks to pay you outside the Website. If you are aware of a breach of the foregoing prohibitions, or any potential circumvention of the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services, please submit a confidential report to Taskitoo.com by our website email.
- Agreement to Pay.If, for any reason, Taskitoo.com does not receive payment for any amounts that you have authorized to be paid through your use of the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services, you agree to pay such amount immediately upon demand by Taskitoo.com. You also agree to pay any interest charges, attorneys’ fees and other costs of collection incurred by Taskitoo.com in collecting from you the authorized but unpaid amount. In such case, Taskitoo.com may, at its option, stop processing any further payments made by you and apply any amounts then held by Taskitoo.com on your behalf toward any deficiencies, losses or costs that we have incurred as a result of your use of the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services. We may also make appropriate reports to credit reporting agencies, financial institutions, tax agencies and law enforcement authorities, and cooperate with them in any resulting investigation or prosecution
6- Dispute Services
- A. Eligibility. Taskitoo.com offers the Dispute Resolution Service to those Registered Users that have requested Taskitoo.com to assume all or a portion of the payment liability for services and who are engaged in a dispute over a Project that is (i) pursuant to a project posting by an Employer through the Website, (ii) pursuant to a bid for by a Freelancer through the Website for such job posting and (iii) pursuant to an acceptance through the Website by the Employer for such bid. Employer and Freelancer agree and acknowledge that, with respect to Assumed Payment Liabilities, any and all disputes relating to the underlying fees shall be governed by the terms of this Section 6.
- Negotiation. In any dispute between Registered Users relating to a Project that is eligible for Dispute Resolution Service, you agree to negotiate such dispute in good faith. If the result of such negotiation is acceptable to both parties in a dispute, you agree to indicate your approval of such negotiation through the Website and Taskitoo.com will disburse funds in accordance with the results of such negotiation. If you are dissatisfied with the progress, you agree to submit your dispute to binding arbitration as further set forth below.
- Arbitration. In any dispute between an Employer and a Freelancer which cannot be resolved through negotiation, you expressly agree to and acknowledge that Taskitoo.com or a third party chosen by Taskitoo.com will arbitrate the dispute in accordance with these Terms of Service and the Website.
(a) You acknowledge and agree that Taskitoo.com will construe any Project Agreement based on the transaction’s course of dealing and common industry practices. Specifically, in rendering its decision, the arbitrator shall only be obligated to consider the following: (i) the Project Agreement, (ii) the parties’ course of dealings, as evidenced by activity on or communications through the Website, (iii) the Project itself and (iv) any information or communication that the Employer and the Freelancer agree should be considered.(b) Taskitoo.com shall render its decision within five (5) business days of escalation. During this time, you are encouraged to continue to negotiate an amicable settlement with the Freelancer with which you are engaged in a dispute.(c) You agree that the decision of Taskitoo.com, acting as an arbitrator, shall be final, binding, and not subject to appeal. Accordingly, within a reasonable time after we have rendered a decision, we will transfer funds in accordance with the arbitrator’s decision.(d) In the event that you are the prevailing party in its arbitration decision, you agree that you shall have no right, title to, interest in or license to the Project that is the subject matter of the dispute. In such case, you agree to return any physical copies of such Project in your possession and destroy any electronic copies that you have.
- Communication. You agree and acknowledge that (1) Taskitoo.com will use the e-mail address corresponding with your Account registered at the time a dispute arises to notify and communicate with you with regard to any dispute and (2) you are solely responsible for the receipt of any notification or communication sent by Taskitoo.com using the e-mail address corresponding with your Account registered at the time a dispute arises.
- Acknowledgements. You agree and acknowledge that (1) Taskitoo.com is not providing legal services to you, (2) Taskitoo.com will not advise you regarding any legal matters and (3) if you desire to have legal counsel, you will seek independent legal counsel licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction and not rely on Taskitoo.com for any such counsel. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Taskitoo.com and any of our affiliates against any damages or liability you may suffer as a result of using the Dispute Resolution Service. If you do not agree to use this Dispute Resolution Service under these terms, you should not request Taskitoo.com to assume the Assumed Payment Liabilities.
1. 1099 SERVICES
At the request of an Employer, Taskitoo.com shall issue each individual Freelancer whom you have engaged through the Website a summary on Form 1099 reflecting Payments (less fees) paid to each Freelancer. You hereby acknowledge that, although Taskitoo.com may provide the 1099 Service to Employers, the Employer’s Project Agreement to obtain services and make payments is an agreement between an Employers and a Freelancer.
2. TERM; TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
- These Terms of Service shall become effective as your contractual agreement upon your use of the Website, and shall continue until your Account is terminated by you or Taskitoo.com as provided for under the terms of this section.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing between the parties, either party may terminate the contractual agreement represented by these Terms of Service at any time upon notice to the other party. In such event, your Account is automatically terminated and (1) Taskitoo.com shall continue to perform those services necessary to complete any open transaction between you and another Registered User; and (2) you shall continue to be obligated to pay any amounts accrued but unpaid as of the date of termination to Taskitoo.com for any service and to any Freelancer for any services.
- Any termination of an Account will automatically lead to the termination of all related profiles.
- Without limiting our other remedies, we may issue a warning, or temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your Account or a Project, and refuse to provide any or all services to you if: (1) you breach the letter or spirit of any terms and conditions of these Terms of Service or the linked policies and information incorporated herein by reference, including our written policies and procedures posted on the Website; (2) we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (3) we believe in our sole discretion that your actions may cause legal liability for you, our Registered Users or for Taskitoo.com or are contrary to the interests of the Website. Once indefinitely suspended or terminated, you must not continue to use the Website under the same Account, a different Account, or register under a new Account.
- In addition, violations of these Terms of Service may be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and may result in additional penalties and sanctions.
- Without limiting our other remedies, to the extent you engage in actions or activities which circumvent the Taskitoo.com Billing and Payment Services or otherwise reduce fees owed Taskitoo.com under these Terms of Service, you must pay Taskitoo.com for all fees owed to Taskitoo.com and reimburse Taskitoo.com for all losses and costs and reasonable expenses (including attorney fees) related to investigating such breach and collecting such fees.
- When your Account is terminated for any reason, you may no longer have access to data, messages, files and other material you keep on the Website. The material may be deleted along with all your previous posts and proposals.
3. PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
- Taskitoo.com Content.Your use of the Website and the services provided therein and thereby is governed by the terms of these Terms of Service and the Taskitoo.com. It is your responsibility to review the Taskitoo.com IP Policy, which is incorporated by reference, and we suggest that you review the IP Policy and print a copy for yourself. The IP Policy is posted on the Website and may be updated from time to time.
- Registered User Content.
- You are solely responsible for information posted on our Website, including but not limited to (a) any audio, video or photographic content (collectively, “Multimedia Content”), (b) any posting or listing made in any public message area, through any email feature or through Taskitoo.com’s feedback feature (collectively, “”>Non-Multimedia Content”) and (c) any other content of a personal nature including but not limited to your resume, biography, work history and work product produced for another Registered User including Companies (“Personal Content”). You retain ownership of all Multimedia Content and Personal Content, subject to the licenses granted herein.
2. You hereby assign to Taskitoo.com your rights in any Non-Multimedia Content. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable right to exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to the Multimedia Content and to use such Multimedia Content for the purpose of advertising and publicizing Taskitoo.com products and services and you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable right to use the Personal Content for the purpose of providing Services.
3. Your information must not: (a) infringe any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property, publicity or privacy; (b) be defamatory, trade libelous, threatening or harassing; nor (c) be obscene, indecent or contain pornography.
4. We do not endorse any information posted by Registered Users and we are not liable for any such information posted on the Website, including but not limited to any information posted about you. We reserve the right to take any action, in our sole discretion, with respect to information posted on the Website which we believe is inappropriate, including but not limited to termination of your Account. However, we cannot, nor do we, control the information provided by you or other Registered Users or other content providers which is made available through our system.
5. REPRESENTATIONS, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
- Registered User Representations and Warranties. All Registered Users represent, warrant, and agree:
- not to grant access to an Account only to users authorized to act on behalf of the Registered User and only in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- to be fully responsible and liable for any action of any user who uses your Account.
- not to use your Account, username, or password of another Registered User that you are not expressly authorized to use.
- not to allow any third party who is not authorized to do so to use your Account at any time.
- not to use any device, software or routine, including but not limited to any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, robots or denial-of-service attacks, intended to damage or interfere with the operation of the Website or any transaction being conducted through the Website.
- not to intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information from the Website.
- not to take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website infrastructure, including but not limited to “spam” or other such unsolicited mass emailing techniques.
- that it has the right and authority to enter into the Terms of Service and to transact business hereunder.
- that they are using the Website solely for the purpose of entering into a bona fide business transaction with other Registered Users.
- that they will not use the Website or its services to defraud or mislead any person or entity, including without limitation Taskitoo.com or any Register User.
- that they will not use the Website to violate any law or regulation of the United States of America or any international law or treaty.
- that they are not a resident national of, or, an entity located in any country subject to economic sanctions imposed by the government of the United States of America. The current list of US sanctions can be found here.
- that they are not currently and have never been listed as a Specially Designated National by the United Stated Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”).
- that they will not use the Website in connection with any “prohibited transaction” as defined under the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515; Iranian Transactions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 560; or Sudanese Sanction Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 538; Former Liberian Regime of Charles Taylor Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 593; Burmese Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 537; Foreign Assets Control Regulations as they relate to North Korea, 31 C.F.R. Part 500; Executive Order 1338; or any other law, regulation or executive order of the United States of America.
- Warranty Disclaimer. THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY TASKITOO.COM OR OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” AS AVAILABLE, AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS (EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE). WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE QUALITY, IDENTITY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OF THE POSTINGS MADE ON THE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR ALL THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, IF ANY, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER REGISTERED USER FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT WILL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY ACTION OR CLAIM RELATED TO THE WEBSITE SERVICES PROVIDED UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) $100 OR (B) THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT OF MONIES ACTUALLY COLLECTED BY US FROM YOU FOR THE SERVICES TO WHICH THE LIABILITY RELATES DURING THE SIX (6) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DETERMINATION OF SUCH LIABILITY. SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR ALL THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO TO THAT EXTENT, IF ANY, SOME OR ALL OF THESE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- General Release. If you have a dispute with another Registered User, you release Taskitoo.com (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute.
- State Specific Release. YOU HEREBY WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE §1542 (AND ANY ANALOGOUS LAW IN ANY OTHER APPLICABLE JURISDICTION) WHICH SAYS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Taskitoo.com from and against any and all losses, costs, expenses, damages or other liabilities incurred by Taskitoo.com from and against any cost, liability, loss, damage, cause of action, claim, suit, proceeding, demand or action brought by a third party against Taskitoo.com: (1) in connection with your use of the Services including any payment obligations incurred through use of the Taskitoo Billing and Payment Services; or (2) resulting from: (a) your use of the Website (b) your decision to supply credit information via the Website, including personal financial information; (c) your decision to submit postings and accept offers from other Registered Users; (d) any breach of contract or other claims made by Registered Users with which you conducted business through the Website; (e) your breach of any provision of these Terms of Service; (f) any liability arising from the tax treatment of payments or any portion thereof; (g) any negligent or intentional wrongdoing by any Registered User; (h) any act or omission of yours with respect to the payment of fees to any Freelancer; (i) your dispute of or failure to pay any Invoice or any other Payment; or (j) your obligations to a Freelancer. Any such indemnification shall be conditioned on our: (i) notifying you in writing of any such claim, demand, action, cost, liability, loss or threat of any thereof; (ii) cooperating with you in the defense or settlement thereof; and (iii) allowing you to control such defense or settlement. We shall be entitled to participate in such defense through our own counsel at our own cost and expense. We reserve the right to report any wrongdoing of which we become aware to the applicable government agencies or otherwise.
- Links. The Website may contain links to third-party web sites not under the control or operation of Taskitoo.com. When we provide links, we do so only as a convenience and do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site.
- Data.You are responsible for creation, storage, and backup of your business records. These Terms of Service and any registration for or subsequent use of this Website will not be construed as creating any responsibility on Taskitoo.com’s part to store, backup, retain, or grant access to any information or data for any period.
6. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Compliance with Law. You are responsible for compliance with applicable U.S. state, U.S. federal and international laws, regulation and treaties, keeping in mind that access to the contents of this Website may not be legal for or by certain persons or in certain countries.
- Modification and Waiver. Taskitoo.com will not be considered to have modified or waived any of our rights or remedies under these Terms of Service unless the modification or waiver is in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Taskitoo.com. No delay or omission by Taskitoo.com in exercising its rights or remedies will impair its rights or be construed as a waiver. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy will not preclude further exercise of any other right or remedy.
- Severability. If any part of these Terms of Service is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
- Assignment or Transfer. You will not transfer, assign or delegate your rights or obligations (including your Account) under these Terms of Service to anyone without the express written permission of Taskitoo.com, and any attempt to do so will be null and void. Taskitoo.com may assign these Terms of Service in its sole discretion.
- Force Majeure.Except for the payment of fees to Taskitoo.com, neither of the parties to these Terms of Service shall be responsible for the failure to perform or any delay in performance of any obligation hereunder due to labor disturbances, accidents, fires, floods, telecommunications or Internet failures, strikes, wars, riots, rebellions, blockades, acts of government, governmental requirements and regulations or restrictions imposed by law or any other similar conditions beyond the reasonable control of such party. The time for performance of such party shall be extended by the period of such delay.
- Notice. All notices required or permitted to be given under these Terms of Service, shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given if delivered personally or sent by pre-paid telex, telefax or telegram, or mailed first-class, postage pre-paid, by registered or certified mail (notices sent by telex or telefax, or telegram, shall be deemed to have been given on the date sent; those mailed shall be deemed to have been given ten (10) business days after mailing) to the addresses set forth below or to such other address as any party shall designate by notice in writing.
If to Registered User:
To the address associated with Registered User’s access or login information.
- Headings and Labels.The boldface paragraph headings in these Terms of Service are included for ease of reference only and have no binding effect.
- Integration. These Terms of Service and all documents referenced in these Terms of Service comprise the entire agreement between you and Taskitoo.com with respect to the use of this Website and supersede all prior agreements between the parties regarding the subject matter contained herein as well as any conflicting or inconsistent terms in any Website that link to or are linked from the Website.